Parish Church of San Nicolas de Tolentino of Malabuyoc

Official Name: Parish Church of San Nicolas de Tolentino of Malabuyoc[1]

Classification Status: Classified Historic Structures (covering all Colonial Churches and other Houses of Worship, per NHCP Res. No. 3, s. 1991)[1]

Town or City: Malabuyoc

San Nicolas de Tolentino Church, also known as Malabuyoc Church, is an old Roman Catholic church in Malabuyoc, Cebu. The town's name is believed to come from abundant fruit-bearing trees. It became an independent parish on June 16, 1832, and the church was constructed in 1863. The church was damaged in the 2013 earthquake and restored by the Philippine Government through NHCP, completed on September 25, 2017.

The facade features four pilasters dividing it into three main sections. Stone moldings with pilaster capitals further divide it into base, two levels, and the pediment. A sloping buttress is on the epistle side. The ground-level entrance is through an arched main door adorned with quatrefoil carvings and angels on the tympanum. It's flanked by shorter pilasters and side arch niches. The upper level has a niche with the patron's bas-relief and another niche above it. Flanking these are niches of holy patrons. The polygonal bell tower in the gospel flank has three levels, a red pyramidal roof, and balustrades.[2]